Pages

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

National Novel Writing Month - Day #1

The first day of NANO has gone surprisingly well.  I downloaded the free version of Scrivener they're promoting and organized all of last year's notes.  This took a little bit of time to learn how to use the system and then get everything set up.  I still have some fine tuning to do when I get home later.

Even with this additional set of tasks on the first day of NANO, I was still able to add about 2,000 to my draft from last year.  I was very much surprised at how much research had gone into the rough draft last year and at how much I'd forgotten in the mean time.

I am determined to focus on Milady's backstory this go round but I'm finding that very difficult right now.  There are so many options to explain why she behaves the way she does in the original novel.  Not to mention I could completely rewrite her actions and not keep as close to the original.  I mean it is an alternate point of view after all, shouldn't it truly all be from her perspective where she's the good guy?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this informative content with us. This is really very knowledgeable and beautiful content.

    ReplyDelete