Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2021

Low FODMAP Diet - Introduction

I'm starting a slow introduction to the low FODMAP diet with my nutritionist.  The ultimate goal being to identify the foods that irritate my body and set off Crohn's flares so that I can hopefully get back to life without maintenance medicines.  I figured a blog would be a useful place to check in weekly and share my experience with other people who may find themselves in a similar position.  Some metrics I'm going to start out with - weekly weigh-in, how many meals were low FODMAP friendly meals that week, how many days I had at least 1 balanced plate (1/3 each of Protein, Complex Carb. Veggie) for a meal.

Weight: 205.9

Low FODMAP Meals: 8/21

Balanced Plate: 4/7

This week hasn't been terrible.  I am definitely missing bread but I'm looking forward to the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment