Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Aunt Louisa



Mommom and Great Aunt Louisa
 
Today would have been Great Aunt Louisa's 82nd Birthday.

She was like a second mother to my father and a second grandmother to me and my sister.

As I've gotten older, I can look back and appreciate her more and I wonder what she would have been like to know as an adult.  I was in my early twenties when she died, but I was still trying to figure things out and couldn't really see her as anything other than a "grown-up."  I have questions, now, that I wish I had known to ask her when she was alive. 

Did she and my grandmother have a similar relationship to me and my sister?
Did she ever want kids of her own?
What did she think her life would be like when she was younger?
Did her current life meet or exceed those expectations?
Who is the first person she would want to greet her in heaven?
What was it like for her when Mommom died?

No comments:

Post a Comment