Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

B-School: Acceptance Letter

I received an acceptance letter from the Towson/University of Baltimore joint Master of Science in Accounting and Business Advisory Services program over the weekend.  I hate to say that I was worried I wouldn't be accepted, for the most part I hadn't even entertained that thought - it just wasn't a possibility, but I definitely breathed a sigh of relief when I opened up the envelope and read the word, "Congratulations."  It is conditional acceptance, I think because I have an English Degree and not business, so I'll have to maintain a 3.0 or be dropped from the program altogether.  I'm not worried about that though.  I have a goal in mind and I'm moving forward.

I've scheduled a meeting with the program director for advising and everything seems to be moving forward very nicely.  I estimate it will cost me about $5,000 a semester and my company will reimburse about $5,000 a year, so that means I will take out anywhere from $5,000 to $10,000 a year in student loans.  If I take 2 classes a semester and only attend the fall and spring semesters, it will take me about 6.5 years to finish and about $30, 000 to $60,000 in student loans when all is said and done.  If I take summer and winter classes, I can be finished in 4.5 years and about $30,000 to $45,000 in student loans.

I feel pretty good about this.  By the time I am 35/36 I could have my masters in Accounting.  The next thing to consider will be whether or not I want to seriously consider sitting for the CPA exam.

1 comment:

  1. The conditional acceptance - I don't think it's what you think it means. Georgia State mandates a 3.0 GPA or you're dropped from the program as well.

    ReplyDelete