Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

School Planning (Spring 2013-Semester)

I created a spreadsheet to list all of the required classes, and the estimated semesters I would take them, to see when my potential graduation date would be.  If I only take two classes a semester and give myself a break for the winter (meaning I take two classes in the Summer as well as the Fall and Spring), then I could graduate in 2017.  If I take three classes in the Spring or Fall for the undergrad requirements, I could graduate in 2015 or 2016.  I don't want to push myself to the point of breaking, but I honestly think I could have handled three classes this semester.

So, as of right now, I am registered for ACCT301 (Intermediate Accounting), ACCT341 (Cost Accounting), and PHIL371(Business Ethics).  I'm hoping the accounting classes won't be too difficult, especially since it's been over a semester since I had to think that way.  My current accounting class is Information Systems and focuses more on the processes than the recording.  My other classmates recommend taking Cost Accounting and the first Intermediate together as they are complementary, so hopefully that's true.  But I will have class on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday nights.

I think I definitely need to let Hallmark know that I need to focus on school and my day job.  I'm hoping I can get my finances in order enough that I don't need the second job at all.  It's also going to be more money for the semester and overall I'll pay more out of pocket.  But if it means I can get my degree, and a better salary, sooner it's probably worth it.  Mostly, I'm just worried about stressing myself out too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment