Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

GMAT

Yesterday, I officially signed up for the GMAT.  I will be taking it on December 29th at 11:00am.  I wish I could say I wasn't nervous about the entire thing.  I mean, I know that is common for test taking in general but I am nervous about the amount of work that will need to get done before my actual test day.  I just paid $250 to take the GMAT and if I don't put in the serious effort it will be a waste.  My friend, A, urged me to actually sign up for the test when I was complaining about my lack of motivation in studying.  She said that if I was signed up for it I would take it more seriously and if I figured if it worked for weight watchers (where I'm paying money for something so I feel compelled to stick with it) it would work for this.  It's a step in the direction of grad school.  A major step, leaving my comfort zone and taking a risk.  Granted, it's a calculated risk, but it's scary nonetheless.

A also suggested that I start out with taking a test just to gauge where I am.  I had thought I would read through the study book first and then take the test, but her suggestion makes a lot of sense.  I'll be taking a computerized practice test this Saturday around the same time I will take the real one and then I'm planning on taking another computerized practice version on December 2 to see what I need to really focus on before the actual test.  In between those I'll take paper or other computerized tests, if I can find free ones, to practice.  But these two I will approach as I would a real test day. So wish me luck. 

I'm not really sure what this will mean for NaNo this year.  My primary focus should be on the GMAT...so maybe when I need a break I can work on something creative?

No comments:

Post a Comment