Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

New Character Name

Kathryn on BabyNamer: Baby Names and Meanings


Just followed a link on a friend's Facebook page to see what "teasing nicknames" were associated with my name.  I've definitely heard most of them, though not in a negative way.  Katie-did, Katie-bug, Katers, Kitty, and, K-K-K-Katie.  Kind of disappointed I never got Katesie or Kit Kat.

But the point is that there is a nickname for Kathryn, I'd never thought of before:  Thryn. 

When I look-up the drawbacks for this nickname, there are none.  It's just so different sounding than the usual Katie, Kathy, or Kate.  New and old at the same time.  It also got me thinking about what an awesome character name this would be.  Of course, I don't have much time to even think about writing let alone sit down and work through something.  So I'll stash it away here until such time as I can build some kind of world for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment