Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2021

2/4/2021 Check-in (low FODMAP)

 Weight: 203

Low FODMAP Meals: 18/21

Balanced Plate: 7/7


My nutritionist suggested that I start incorporating Kiwi fruit (1x/day for 3x/week) to help with the constipation issues I've been having.  It's apparently a gentle fiber that will help me without adding to my gut pain.  So far, I can't say I've noticed a difference, but my pain level has been very low.

I'm missing Garlic and Onion more than I expected.  I didn't realize how much I was cooking with these spices until I couldn't use them anymore.  It's also made eating out difficult because almost all of the sauces will contain one or both of these.  So when I go out I've been getting plain items - like a steak without butter, or grilled unmarinated chicken.

I found UDI bread at the grocery store and that has helped with sandwiches for lunch.  I've also started getting deliveries from Epicured - a low FODMAP food delivery service.  My biggest complaint is that all of their food is meant to be reheated in the microwave and I don't have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment