Pages

Friday, January 1, 2016

Weight Watchers - Week #1

The first time I went through the Weight Watcher's program, I didn't blog about it at all.  In fact, I didn't even have a blog at that time in my life.  It was only afterwards that I thought it might be a motivating series for someone else who might be struggling with the same issues.

Thankfully, or unfortunately depending on how I feel on a particular day, I have gained all the weight back during my time in Business School.  Something about not having any free time for friends, family, or a social life means you're also not focusing on other healthy things as well.  My final semester is coming up this Spring and I don't want my graduation pictures to reflect this stressed out version of me.

So I'm starting back and there's a brand new program rolling out at the same time.  Sounds like the perfect opportunity to write in my blog - which has been sorely neglected - and capture my progress (and struggles) for anyone who might be experiencing the same thing.  It also provides a certain accountability for me.

I'm going to give perfectly honest information and share my beginning weight.  As many of you know, this is not an easy thing to divulge even to one's closest friends so please be courteous in any responses you may leave.  I have not yet decided if I will share progress photos.

Starting Weight: 207.2
Goal Weight: 145-155 range
Combat Tools:

  • Weight Watchers Beyond the Scale (New SmartPoints System)
  • Samsung Gear Fit Watch
  • Gym Membership at Planet Fitness Equivalent
  • Journaling/Blogging
  • Les Mills Combat DVDs
  • T25 Workout DVDs
  • Standard size, walk-demanding, Dachshund who saves nothing for the walk back
  • FAB Support group on Facebook
  • A Romantic Partner equally as concerned about Health and Wellness
Weekly Goal:  To start eating breakfast - I've never been a breakfast eater and I think my metabolism suffers for it.

I'm going to go a little Bridget Jones in this and start out with my current weight on entries.  But I'm also going to try and blog about some of the meeting topics - which should be a great motivator to actually go to my weekly meetings.

Looking forward to completing this journey with all of you!

K


1 comment:

  1. Another upside - when you work out you release happy chemicals into your system. Perhaps this will have a positive impact on your last semester grades as well?? :)

    ReplyDelete