Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

A Crossroads 2

I have to call and set up an interview for this week.  Turns out that my transcripts and mostly accounting background didn't scare off the powers that be at the Grant Writing job.  I am still unsure of what to do should this interview also go well and they potentially offer me the position.

Part of me feels so disloyal and deceitful.  I mean I like my job and my on-site supervisor.  There is no reason I would seek out another job, this opportunity just happened to find me.  But I also know that if they had to downsize for any reason, as much as they like the work I do and value me as an employee, it wouldn't be personal.  So I really can't view this the same way, should I actually get a job offer that presents a better opportunity.

Things I know about my current job:
  • I've been doing the same thing for the last three years.
  • There was talk of promoting me to something, but that disappeared when my old boss left for a different job.
  • I don't have a clear cut path for promotion or advancement within the company
  • They will pay up to $5000 a year for my business school education
  • My current salary is about $45K a year - with bonuses and school reimbursement
So I would need to determine what this new job would pay, then what kind of career ladder we're talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment