Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

B-School: First Application Submitted


from http://www.everybodygoto.com/
 I'm not entirely sure how, but my sister has successfully give me her cold.  I had a headache for the last twenty-four hours and was starting to get concerned.  Then I woke up this morning with all kinds of congestion and nasty.

Of course, today is the deadline for my American University application if I want to be in the running for merit scholarships.  I worked on my essays late into the night last night and made a few more tweaks this morning.  (Thank you, Andrea Schwartz, for helping me with that.)Needless to say, this morning I feel pretty exhausted.

 On the bright side, I have successfully submitted my application!  Or, at least, the university has successfully taken the $100 application fee from my bank account.  In talking with my sister, I realize that I'm not really that concerned about being accepted into the grad programs.  Eeven with my average GMAT score and sad undergraduate GPA it didn't really cross my mind that I wouldn't be accepted.  I am more concerned about how I would pay for the education overall.

Possibly this is how I compartmentalize things so I can handle the stress more easily.  I don't have a say in whether or not I am accepted into the programs.  I only know that I have written two amazing essays and worked very hard the last 6 years to develop a solid business resume.  Beyond that, it is out of my control and I shouldn't worry about it.  However, I will be attending at least one of the programs and I will definitely need to pay for it somehow.  In my mind, this is a more pressing concern.

My other two applications don't require an essay or personal statement.  But I think I will tweak the American essays a little bit and submit them as supplemental materials.  It couldn't hurt, right?

1 comment:

  1. I'd submit an essay anyhow. It doesn't hurt the application.

    Signed,
    Danielle MBA Candidate 2013

    ReplyDelete