Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

Convertible New Beetle

For everything that has gone wrong this week, I have to thank the powers that be for letting me have a Convertible New Beetle as my loaner vehicle while Red Sonja is getting her wheels and oil changed. 

I couldn't resist putting the top down and riding around at lunch time, even though the skies were overcast.  There is something about a convertible that just makes one feel so "bad-ass" when driving around in it.

Plus this one had an amazing paint job and was the "Final Edition" before they release the new design with the 2012 line.  The marketing teams at Volkswagen really know what they're doing when they use these cars as loaners.  It really had me thinking about whether or not I could afford to trade in my car yet.  Of course, mine is only a 2009 and has just 45K miles on it, so it's too soon for any of that.  I only have 2 more years to pay on the car and it's mine.  Then I can start putting the monthly car payment in savings and maybe buy a house in the next 5 years.  So it's not convenient for me to trade in even though it's incredibly tempting.

No comments:

Post a Comment