Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Hallmark Ornament Premiere

We're gearing up for Ornament Premiere at Hallmark.  Yes, you read that correctly.  Ornament Premiere is always the second or third weekend in July, at least it has been the last 12 years I've worked here, and customers are always shocked to see Christmas six months before the holiday.  Most customers groan and say something not terribly witty about it.  But there are those die-hards that buy their ornaments as soon as they come out because they are Collectors.  This is, personally, one of my favorite Hallmark events and not necessarily because of the ornaments though I do buy my fair share (and probably yours too.)  I love this event because I get to dress in costume and pretend to be something else for an entire day.  I go all out which means I get placed at the door and don't have to ring a single sale the entire day.  I'm not sure why the other employees haven't caught on to this yet.  It started as a way to wear my expensive Renn Fest Costume more than once a year.  Once I realized the added benefit of not actually working the entire day, I was sold.


from tomopop.com

This year, I need to come up with a theme that will be both fun for the other employees and allow me to wear my brand new Halloween Costume that I commissioned the lovely Cherrypievintage on Etsy.com to make for me.  If you are not familiar with this costume, and should be if you're reading a 30th year blog this year, this is the Jem outfit from Jem and the Holograms.  Yes, that's right, I am going to be Truly Outrageous.   Now I just need to find a pair of Jem Star Earrings, a Pink Rocker Wig, and sparkle tights.  If I could persuade my sister to dress up as Kimber and her girlfriend to dress up as Stormer, this Halloween could be epic.  "Tell me I'm crazy, Maybe I know, but I believe in Happy Endings."
Kimber and Stormer




No comments:

Post a Comment