Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Doctor Who: A Good Man Goes to War

First of all, I want to say that I thought it was peculiar that the Doctor's new companion was named Amy Pond, back in 2010 when Moffat took over, since he'd also written a character named River Song during Davies' reign.  ***SPOILER ALERT***  Now I wonder if Moffat didn't have this in mind all along.  I know that the character was intended to be recurring, but could he possibly have had this in mind.  It also makes me realize that Amy is not quite so important.  I mean she is and she isn't.  She has a special bond with the Doctor and a non-romantic one, à la Donna Noble, but knowing that ***SPOILER River is Amy's Daughter *** makes me wonder if Amy exists because of River.And I just thought about how clever that was, to have River returning from a birthday celebration with the Doctor at some point in their future around the very same time that Melody was born. 

I really don't know what to think of all of the reveals in this episode.  It had the gathering of allies much like a finale, but it's a mid-season finale until September (GAHH).  I don't know if I can wait quite that long to figure out what the heck is going on.  I have ideas, but that big picture is really fuzzy right now.  I know if will be brilliant when all is said and done, but it has left me unsatisfied for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment