Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Things to talk about with the Rafiki-Lady

I had a date ask for a rain-check due to being "swamped with things to do at work and . . . to be done at home."  My immediate thoughts were that he had a) something better to do or b)was embarassed about certain events that occurred on our last date.  I will not go into these details as it's just not polite to kiss and tell.  c)He could also legitimately have been busy but 1) this was the only opportunity to see me before his vacation this weekend and 2) it was only the 4th date.  I feel that if someone were truly excited about me, and getting to know me, that he would make room for a planned date no matter what came up.  If work swamps one at the last minute there should be some attempt to reschedule or alter the actual date plans to fit in a more limited time frame, or at least an inquiry if I am available after he returns from vacation.  None of these things happened.

It's really the stuff "to be done at home" part that makes me think he's not all that interested.  Because if you had all week to get ready for vacation and your only busy days were Tuesday and Thursday then certainly these things could have been completed on Wednesday.  It's almost akin to a girl telling a guy she can't go out because she has to stay home and wash her hair.  (Which may sound ridiculous these days, but after seeing A's beehive hairdo for the HonFest I could see how it might have once been a legitimate excuse.) I could be wrong, but I doubt it.  When you start dating someone you should be so excited about it that you can't wait to see them.  This clearly says that he CAN wait to see me and is therefore not that into it.

I could be bitter, overly extreme in my judgement, or just not as tolerant as I used to be.  I haven't read that He's Just Not That Into You book, but I feel like this is probably covered in its pages.  I will talk about it with my therapist tonight because I want to make sure that I am thinking about this objectively.  Or maybe I should just read that book.

1 comment:

  1. Reading the book would save you some money.

    Plus who doesn't love Greg Berehndt (sp?)?

    ReplyDelete