Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year, New Entry

I started to read back through the posts I put up at the start of last year and I had to stop myself.  I have found myself so melancholy at the turning of this new year and reading through how happy I was at the beginning of the last isn't helping me that much.  Though, I don't want this entry to turn into a poor me kind of thing.  I wanted to write about how exciting it is to put up a fresh calendar with all the possibilities of it still looming ahead of me, because that's terribly exciting to me.  Or to compare my goals for this year vs. how I did on my goals for last year, less exciting when I realized I didn't complete several of them as originally hoped.   But, of course, I start off with the melancholy because it seems to be infecting everything right now.  It could be due mostly to the weather, or Danielle returning to Atlanta - nothing seems to feel right after she leaves, but it's just a general sense of blah.

So the best way to overcome these Doldrums, as told me to by Tock the Watch Dog, is to think.  So let's get on with these 2012 goals and plans for my life.

School Timeline:
  • January 2012
    • Write two entrance essays for University of Maryland Application
    • Contact people for recommendation letters to include with applications
  • February 2012
    • Submit University of Maryland Application
  • March 2012
  • April 2012
  • May 2012
  • June 2012
  • July 2012
  • August 2012
    • Submit Towson University Application
  • September 2012
    • Start Classes
Obviously, this will need some major work.  For instance, I can't possibly start classes in September without first deciding to which school I will attend.  So perhaps I should move up my Towson Submission date, even though they have rolling admissions, so I can have complete choices.  I will also have to look up the decision deadline for all the colleges, the program length, and the average cost per year.

Goals for 2012:
  • Make more of an effort to contact friends, i.e J and G whom I don't get to see that often and really should call more frequently.
  • Adhere to budgets set for myself
  • Adhere to Credit Card payoff budget I set for myself.
  • Continue working with the Weight Watchers Program and attain goal weight by (or reasonably close to) my birthday.
I think that's a good start for now.  Oh, hey, the Lethargians are running scared now....on to the Land of Expectations!

No comments:

Post a Comment