Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Getting It All Together

I have been off track for the last month and a half.  I haven't written on this blog like I had intended and I've missed several entries in my year.  I have a ton of Drafts that will be recaps of the "Buffy" episodes, but I haven't even watched those episodes yet to do the recaps.  I haven't even written in my paper journal since June.  Life has gotten a little busier and I've had gotten a little lazier about the personal side of my life.  Don't even get me started on how I have been neglecting Weight Watchers.

Things I have done successfully:
1) joined a Meet-up group.  This one happens to be about Scotch, but I think it will help with creating a social network.  The important part being outside of my interactions with the girls at Hallmark.  One day I will quit this second job and I will need to have friends to fill up my free time.  It seems that I only catch up with the girls when we work.  I've tried to reconnect with L.V. (who quit Hallmark recently) and we haven't been able to hang out at all.
2) developed a working budget for my finances and a clear plan for paying off my Ireland trip and School costs before this time next year.  It sort of feels like I failed in my effort to keep my credit cards  empty after paying them off in February.  But then I realize the bulk of the charges are School Tuition & Books and my Ireland Trip which would have been paid off if I hadn't had to purchase new tires for my car.  So I am less panicked and feeling less like a failure on that end.
3) started taking accounting classes at JCC and realize I don't hate it.  It is a lot of information to absorb and I am glad the tests have all been take-home.  But I am getting the concepts down and think this is definitely something I would want to pursue.

So I am going to start from now, writing entries as I was before June, and then maybe go back and catch up on those episode recaps to fill in the gaps I created.  Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment