Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Minnie Muscles

I had a disappointing day at the Weight Watcher's Scale this afternoon.  It wasn't a huge gain, just .4 pounds, but I want to get to a total loss of 40 pounds before I leave for Ireland next week.  That's just 2.4 pounds, so it's absolutely doable.  Of course, going out for burgers (even if they're made of turkey) slathered in a crab imperial and aptly named "The 2131," are not the way to accomplish this.  Still they were half-price burgers and I was able to hang out with a friend.

I've been going to the gym regularly on my free nights since I joined on the 31st, so I was a little disappointed at the gain.  However, I reminded myself that building muscle can mean a gain at the scale even though the waistline is shrinking.  (come to think of it, I should probably measure myself to make sure.)  But it was while crawling into bed tonight that I realized I really am building muscle.  I could see a slight definition in my thighs and could definitely feel a tighter bum.  So, I should definitely continue what I'm doing and be more careful about writing things down in my Weight Watcher's Tracker.

No comments:

Post a Comment