Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Transcripts, Classes, Reimbursements, oh my!

I went to see my HR representative today.  After my review with the Boss Lady, I figured I should look into what options the company had to offer in terms of educational pursuits.  Turns out that I could get a 100% reimbursement if my final grade is an A and I don't use financial aid.  I don't know what it would be if I had financial aid, but I'll have to look into it if I go to Grad School for real. 
For now, I am just looking at a class over the summer at the local community college. (I've ordered my transcripts from undergrad and will try and stop over at the advisors in the next few days.) It will be Principles of Accounting I, so we'll see how that goes.  If I find it as frustrating as my sister is, then it's probably not the right path for me and I will be back at the starting line trying to figure out what career to pursue.  If it's something that, at least, makes sense to me and I don't completely hate, then it could be a great option as I already have several years in the field as an Accounting Clerk/Assistant.

I just want to be more financially stable and eventually have the ability to quit Hallmark AND afford to buy a house in the next five years.  Maybe these are high expectations, but I have to have something to aim for or I will spend the next ten years running around in circles thinking things are "good enough."

No comments:

Post a Comment