Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Beginning

8:42p.m.

It's amazing how invigorating a new year can be.  As of my last official weigh-in at my Weight Watchers meeting, I have officially lost 30 pounds!  It's something I started after my birthday last year and have been working on for the last  nine months.  I am sure it could have gone a lot faster if I were more disciplined, yet I am still making progress and working my way toward a healthier version of me.  I don't know if it was because I was turning 29 or because I was recently single or simply because I was over 200 pounds and hated the way I was looking in photos, but something clicked and I realized I wanted to make a lot of changes in my life before my next birthday.

I have successfully made many of those changes and I have a few more to go before my birthday in February.  I have lost a lot of weight and have been feeling really great about myself lately.  I moved into a less complicated living situation and nearly cleaned out the storage unit I'd been keeping for more than three years.  (I still have my piano and grandmother's table to transport before I can fully close it.)  I have a plan to pay off a large amount of my debt and even one of my student loans.  And I feel really positive about the start of this new year.

I don't really know what I am going to do with this blog and I can't even guarantee that I will faithfully write everyday.  But I learned a long time ago that it's not the destination but the journey that makes you strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment