Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Success in Small Doses

My Piano was delivered yesterday and I was able to clean out my storage unit at the same time.  So I know have three items I can cross off my 2011 goals.  I've also managed to workout this week and have kept my points consumption pretty low, so hopefully it won't be long before I can cross off that goal as well.

I am feeling very positive about things right now.  I am very motivated to finish the goals I have set for myself and in calculating my potential tax return today I learned that I most definitely will not owe the government any money.  Not only will I get a refund, but it is going to be a larger refund than I previously expected.  Potentially enough to pay for my trip to Ireland and maybe even my sister's portion.  I know she said she wouldn't be able to go, but maybe if she doesn't have to worry about the cost it will change things.  Though, right now that is an extreme posibility.  I still have to wait for the W-2 from my second job before I know for sure what my refund will be.

On the one hand, I am glad that things are working out.  On the other, I am concerned that there is an unknown catastrophe around the corner waiting for me.  This is usually how things go for me.  I know that sounds paranoid and a little bit pessimistic.  But I have learned that when I am able to set aside a large sum of money there is usually something other than my own plans that will come along to consume it for me.  I should take a small amount of it and put it in a CD somewhere just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment