Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Something

You're asking me will my love grow,
I don't know, I don't know.
Stick around, and it may show,
But I don't know, I don't know.


I've been thinking about this song a lot lately, specifically these lyrics.  It just fits my mood right now.  I've been dating this guy for several months now and he is amazing.  It's definitely too soon to know anything for certain, but there is a lot of potential.  For the first time, in a long time, I feel like this is something positive in my life.  The way that he treats me makes me wonder why I ever thought less than that was acceptable. 

We had plans together on Sunday and he was a little out of sorts; lots of stuff going on at work, etc.  I wasn't concerned because everyone is allowed to have days where their brain is somewhere else.  But he called me on Monday to say that he realized he was in a bad mood and that it hadn't been fair to me so would I like to come over after work.  It was something I hadn't expected and it just made me happy that he took that extra step.  Then, last night, Tuesday we had a largish snow storm.  I was stuck at my part-time job until an inventory count could be completed.  I kept looking at the clock (I'd let the other girls go home around 7:45pm) and the later it got the more worried I was about driving the 30+ miles back to my house.  That's when I got a text message that said he was concerned about me getting home and if I needed to I could stay at his place, which is less than 10 miles away from my part-time job.  It was just very considerate and kind.

So I saw him three days in a row, which is highly unheard of in my dating experiences.  Part of me is afraid and part of me is very excited about all of it.  I don't know what the future holds but I do know that, as of right now, I am happy.  I am starting to relax a little bit and I am less concerned about the other shoe dropping.  What this means, I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment