Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Beaches

Last night I had a dream that I went on vacation with the family.  We were at a resort area in Spain and I couldn't wait to get my bathing suit on and sit in the sun.  Danielle and I had some shenanigan's with the elevator that went no where and we couldn't seem to find our room.  So I decided to just change in the hallway.  I got all of that done and started putting on sunblock while we were walking around this hotel trying to locate our room.  I kept saying I didn't want to miss the sun on our first day and Dad kept saying that we had all week to spend on the beach but we had to get all of our bags to our room today.  The day got later and later and we never found our room or made it outside.  It was kind of a weird dream.

But then I woke up to grey skies and bare trees and it didn't seem so weird.  The sun is out there, behind the clouds, I know because I don't need my headlights to drive but  I haven't really seen it in a couple of days.  Clearly my mind is trying to tell me something.  It's very easy to get depressed around this time of year and lose focus of our goals.  For example, I decimated a box of Godiva chocolate covered cookies at work.  I am tired of the cold and having to bundle up every time I go outside.  The layers make me feel constricted and trapped.  There has yet to be a shoveling snow.  Meaning a storm that produces enough snow accumulation for shoveling and general disruption of one's life.  After last year, I will be happy if we don't see anything at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment