Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Dinner for Two

Tonight I made dinner for me and my boyfriend.  I am not a great cook, nor have I logged a lot of kitchen time over the years.  So I have to follow recipes and I still haven't figured out how to time things just right. Due to a delayed delivery of my bookshelves, my whole timeline was moved back and I didn't have anything started by the time my boyfriend arrived.  Correction: I had started the marinade on the steaks the previous day. 

I was very impressed with how everything came out.  The steaks were grilled on my brand-new, electric, indoor grill and the marinade was reduced down on the stove-top, as per the recipe directions.  The mashed potatoes were a little sweeter than I had hoped, but I think that has more to do with the type of potatoes used than anything I did to them.  Together, they were delicious.

Then we made a dessert together

No comments:

Post a Comment