Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Restaurant Week in Baltimore

Last night I went out with the Dads for dinner.  We ended up at a place called, Langermann's, for dinner and it was fantastic! According to its website it's Southern Inspired American Cuisine. I ordered off the Prix Fixe Menu and I was not disappointed. 

It started with "Seared Day Boat Scallops with Sweet Potato Hash in Butter Sauce," then I couldn't help but order the "Fried Green Tomatoes" as an additional appetizer.  Partly because I wasn't sure I would like the scallops, but mostly because I can't resist fried green tomatoes.  It's rare to see them on a menu outside of the Southern States so I just had to order them.  I know this opens a discussion about whether or not Maryland is a southern state.  The states like Georgia, the Carolinas, Alabama, Tennessee, etc. tend to call us Yankees (which is another issue altogether).  While the northern states like New York, Massachusetts, Vermont, etc call us southerners.  I prefer the term Mid-Atlantic because we aren't exactly southern and we're not exactly northern.

My entree was the "Pecan Crusted Free Range Chicken Breast with Roasted Root Vegetable and Shoestring Potatoes."  I don't really remember the roasted root vegetables, but they added a nice balance to the sweeter glaze on the chicken.  And, of course, who doesn't love shoestring potatoes?  I had a couple of Hot Butter Rums with this as well.

Then I rounded it all out with the "Poached Pears with Vanilla Ice-Cream and Late Harvest Riesling."  I was so full, yet completely satisfied at the end of the meal.  It was one of the best meals I have had in a long time and it was totally worth the points.

No comments:

Post a Comment