Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Kisir

Kisir
My boyfriend invited me over for dinner last night and surprised me with this ethnic dish from his childhood.  It's called Kisir and he made it with a spicy pepper paste instead of the traditional tomato paste show on the wikipedia page.  He asked me to pick up a head of lettuce on the way over, but wouldn't tell me what for exactly.  We used it like the lettuce wraps at P.F. Chang's and put the Kisir in the leaves.  He had also cut up cucumbers, tomatoes, and red bell peppers to add to the mixture.  Though he did not have the sour pomegranate juice he would have added back home.

Kisir & LettuceIt was absolutely delicious!  And, after my long day at Hallmark, it was also very filling.  I had eaten a yogurt for breakfast and then a Healthy Choice frozen meal for lunch, but I was feeling hunger pangs long before the day was over.  My boyfriend warned me, however, not to eat until I was full as the bulgur would continue to expand in my stomach and make me feel stuffed later.  I have experienced this effect with the rice in Chinese food and Sushi, so I had two wraps and waited.  All in all I felt satisfied at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment