Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Post-Valentine's Day

Last night was not as bad as I thought it would be.  Our steady stream of customers died almost completely around 7:30pm and we were able to start boxing stuff up for the mini-remodel today.  Closing was terrible as we were $15.41 short.  That makes a shortage the last three times I've closed.  I would be worried if two of the shortages hadn't been verified by keyholders at the time of shift changes, before I even arrived at the store. 

ReRock Boot Cut Jean
from http://www.express.com/
I had this feeling yesterday like everything was fantastic.  The weather was so warm, about 65degrees, and I broke through my weight threshold at weight watchers after two disappointing weeks.  I am officially down 32.8 pounds and can say that I weigh under 170lbs for the first time in over six years.  I had promised myself I would buy the uber expensive Express Jeans I borrowed from my sister, over winter break, once I made it past 170, but now I am wondering if I should wait a bit longer.  I don't want to spend $80+ on a pair of jeans I might only wear for another six months.  Though they are having a buy one, get one 50% off right now....

I am in a very good place right now.  Professionally, personally, emotionally, physically.  And I just feel so positive about everything, I wish I could bottle it and sell it to people who are down on their luck.  Part of me is worried that things will change again and I'll be on the downward side of things, but another part of me keeps thinking, "it's about time."

After work, I met up with my boyfriend for a couple of drinks to unwind from all the Hallmark stress.  We had a great time poking fun at the different fitness commercials that came on the screens at Frisco Grille.  (The Shake Weight is probably my favorite right now.  There is just something very obscene about it.)  We just had a great time, enjoying each other's company.  Then, this morning he made me Eggs in a Basket for breakfast because he is just that awesome.  I appreciate these little things so much more than if he'd shown up with a dozen roses or some other cliché of Valentine's gift giving.  And the best part, is that I don't have to wait for one day out of the year for any of it.

A lot of my upbeat point of view right now comes from my own decisions and choices to make positive changes in my life.  But I would be lying if I didn't say that a big part of it is just being with someone like my boyfriend.  He treats me with respect and makes me feel great about myself.  We obviously don't have the same range of knowledge, but he never makes me feel bad about not knowing something.  Instead it's always an opportunity for discussion of the topic and a genuine conversation.  I just hope that he feels just as positive about being with me and that I offer the same care and support that he always shows me.

No comments:

Post a Comment