Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Space Debris

My company had a meeting a few months ago about the amount of satellites in space and what this means for information security.  It was the picture they showed that caught my attention more than anything they actually had to say.   Then today, I came across an interesting article and it brought up all those thoughts again.

The picture here is merely an artist's rendition of the objects in space around our planet, but it is a striking one.  Whenever we see the Earth on television shows or movies it's always a clear sky without anything obstructing the view.  This article and picture make me wonder how true that is.  Obviously, this picture is a little dramatic in its depiction of  space junk, but how far off is it really?  Seeing the damage that has been done to the actual planet over the years I am not surprised at the state of the space around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment