Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Weight Watchers at Work

Today was the informational meeting at work for Weight Watchers.  The leader seems very nice, she's Argentinian, and has a great sense of humor.  We only had about eleven people in the actual meeting since the snow kept some people at home, but I am confident that we will be able to get 15 commitments before Friday so we can start the actual meetings next week.  The people that came to the meeting seemed very nice and it was great to get to know some faces around the office.  We've been here almost a year and don't socialize much outside of our own departments.

Continuing with yesterday's last minute theme of things for which I am grateful, I think today I want to highlight the fact that I have a very good job.  It's not the specialized career I thought I would have at this point, but I am still doing very well for myself.  The environment is supportive and friendly and the work itself is challenging but not difficult.  I don't dread going to work every day and there are opportunities for advancement and education reimbursement that I need to focus on this year.  It's one thing to do a job to pay the bills, it's another to make it a career.  I think this could be a career job and I need to really lay the ground work for a more profitable future. 

1 comment:

  1. Makes me really glad to hear you say this could be a career job - if this is something you're good at - and they're willing to support you educationally - you could very well make some good money doing this.

    The more money you make on the 9-5 job - the less you need the other job and the more time you have to dedicate to life and writing.

    ReplyDelete