Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

Yesterday was a nice day off.  I was able to finish reading the book I borrowed from my boyfriend and start on the new one I bought at Barnes & Noble.  I started to clean out my car and enjoyed the 50 degree weather with every spring-wishing-fiber of my being.  I am done with the snow, DONE WITH IT, and I could smell spring on the air yesterday.  Please, just stay like this for the next two weeks so my birthday is super awesome.  Then, I met up with my boyfriend for dinner.  (Though we realized we would have to make something at home since there would be a lot of VD Frenzy at all the restaurants.) We discussed the book, the new iPhone, and his alphabetical organization of his DVD/Blu-ray collection before curling up for the final disc of Fringe that had arrived from Netflix.

I did buy a box of Godiva chocolates from work before heading over.  It wasn't a Valentine's gift per se, but it was a special treat we could enjoy together.  When I arrived at his place with the gold box tucked under the borrowed book, is eyes lit up.  He was like a little kid.  (Godiva chocolate is his favorite, btw.)  "What is this?" he said in that tone of voice that says he knows perfectly well what a gold box means.  So we took turns selecting a chocolate and sharing it.  It was a really perfect day off.  Which helps to recharge the batteries for tonight's onslaught of half-crazed, last minute shoppers at Hallmark.

No comments:

Post a Comment