Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

Derailing One's Self-Esteem

I have worked very hard during the last year with Weight Watchers and felt like I would try to find some new clothes for the summer.  It was a very disappointing experience as I didn't see a big change in clothing sizes even though everything fit better than it has in years.  I didn't have a problem finding things that fit well and often I had too many choices.  But the number on the back of the tag really bothered me.  Some places I was wearing a size 12 or 14, which wasn't very different from last year's clothes.  It was very discouraging.

But then I found this article.  Which gave me this beautiful graphic from the NYTimes Article.  It was also helpful to read about it on the Weight Watcher's website.  Though, I still don't like my assigned number I don't feel as bad about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment